Team Leader - Sales
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
Technomic provides foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. We need a motivated, results-driven Sales Manager to lead our subscription focused sales team. The Sales Manager will be responsible for leading experienced team members as well as hiring new Sales Associates and Sales Development Representatives. If you are competitive and interested in working for a growing organization in the exciting field of foodservice please reach out today!
As the Sales Team Leader, you will play a critical role in ensuring the company meets its topline growth goals. You will manage a team of sales professionals including sales development representatives who call on prospects to set appointments, through senior sales staff responsible for selling large subscription and syndicated report packages. This is an exciting role for a sales leader who loves the combination of hands on selling while mentoring and developing a team. The primary goal of this role is to ensure the team’s sales quota is achieved or exceeded.
- Directly manage and grow a team of sales development representatives responsible for booking demo appointments for sales staff. You will be responsible for skill development, monitoring sales activity and driving a high call-to-appointment conversion rate.
- Directly manage and grow a team of sales professionals focused on exclusively selling syndicated products including online subscription products and syndicated reports. You will be responsible for skill development, partnering with staff on calls to both mentor and help close business, and monitoring the team’s sales activity to achieve quota attainment.
- You must be comfortable assessing staff performance, providing hands-on training, and providing direct performance feedback in a way that is clear, supportive and constructive to create a team of high performers.
- To be successful, you must learn and understand our products and be able to sell them independently so you are able to help close business with your direct reports when support is needed or they are training.
- The objective of this team is to meet its new subscription product sales quota. The Team Leader will work closely with the EVP of Business Development to determine the appropriate team structure and go-to-market approach to achieve this goal.
- Identify ways to grow our logo list through traditional targets and non-traditional verticals utilizing our vast in-house databases and external services.
- Actively participate in sales call with associates as they generate leads and move opportunities through the deal cycle.
- Ability to track and analyze sales statistics based on key quantitative metrics utilizing Salesforce, Salesloft and other tools to maximize sales effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 7+ years’ B2B sales manager experience with a minimum of three direct reports.
- 5+ years in a business development or sales role directly responsible for revenue or quota attainment
- Experience selling online subscription services preferred
- Strong knowledge and proven ability in utilizing a CRM to maximize sales effectiveness
- Track record of superior performance metrics
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Able to travel when needed
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.