VP of Content Strategy
We’re in search of an experienced product-focused content leader that is experienced in managing and leading editorial teams to innovate on exciting new ideas and fulfill on strong foundational products.
This person will lead our star-powered editorial team full of writers, editors and designers who are industry experts in foodservice, convenience and grocery retail. The ideal person will be passionate about content and its impact on growing and engaging audience, achieving marketing goals and serving our industries. They will develop product positioning and drive the go-to-market process for exciting new content-powered products for our award-winning magazines and digital platforms. They’ll also be responsible for the ongoing personnel and performance management of our team, to include editorial and design. We’re looking for someone who values people and innovation and who can foster teamwork in a fast-moving environment.
This person will work cross-functionally with Editorial, Sales, Marketing, Development and Ad Ops to ensure the value of our content-driven products is realized both internally and externally among prospects and existing customers.
- Managing the leadership team of content creators, editors, designers and editorial production. Provide coaching, mentoring and hands-on performance management, while ensuring leadership team has the resources and tools to lead their teams with confidence.
- Partner with the editorial and design leadership team to ensure a professional, respectful and supportive environment for all staff members.
- Analyze content-driven products to understand how they support audience + revenue goals. Present new and existing products to Sales internally and clients externally.
- Facilitate growth and career paths for editorial team members while evolving a structure that puts people and the organization in the best position to succeed.
- Support editorial teams in ensuring processes are running smoothly, deadlines are being met and premium products are being created and executed upon.
- Work cross-functionally with all teams at Winsight to help them understand how editorial can best support initiatives while also communicating editorial team needs.
- Help respond to RFPs with real-time agile product development, communicating with internal stakeholders to execute on new ideas and systemize successful initiatives.
- Maintain internal RFP knowledge base and lead editorial team in responding to ever-evolving industries, markets and client goals.
We’re looking for someone with the following experience and skills:
- 10+ years experience in leading and collaborating closely with editorial teams with a focus on revenue and product development
- Proven experience in managing and motivating a large editorial team with diverse talents, skills and needs
- Experience in packaging and marketing editorial products to present to Sales team and/or clients
- Strong skills in developing PowerPoint presentations and sharing innovative ideas with clients
- Ability to comprehend technical concepts and translate them for a non-technical audience
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and drive projects forward while working with multiple departments and stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an acute attention to grammar and consistency
- Excellent project management skills
- Collaborative work style
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.